The Top 5 Reasons ERPs are Inefficient for Managing Resources
Your ERP handles all your financial management, including accounts payable/receivable, cash management, invoicing, financial reporting, payroll, benefits administration, performance management, training, and dozens of other functions. On top that you expect it to deliver your resource management, one of the most critical business functions. Here are the top five reasons you should be using specialty purpose resource management software to get an immediate impact on efficiency:
- Complexity: ERPs are complex systems with many features and functions that can be difficult for users to navigate, learn and use effectively, especially if you aren’t familiar with the system or have limited technical expertise. While people are often blamed, complicated ERP systems are the main reason for low usage. You need a user-friendly tool that anyone can start using on their first day.
- Slowness: The complexity of trying to do everything in one can dramatically slow things down. In a modern business world, teams are busier than ever and need their resource management software to be lightning-fast to keep systems updated and respond to business changes.
- Lack of flexibility: ERPs are typically designed with rigid structures that need to be more easily customizable to fit the unique needs of different organizations, and the cost of customization is often high. This inflexibility can lead to inefficiencies and difficulties in adapting to changes in the business environment. Resource management software should be fully customizable to the way you work.
- Limited reporting: While most ERPs have Business Intelligence functionality, they don't provide the depth of resource management reporting and analytics needed for effective people management. With the proper reports for workload, backlog, and role demand, it can be easier to identify trends and understand your resource management needs.
- Lack of AI & Machine Learning: ERP’s don’t have AI for resource management. Managing people is arguably the most important function, particularly when selling time.
Don’t replace your ERP; supercharge it with Mosaic.
By design, Mosaic is everything your financial software is not. Your mission-critical and profit-driving resource management demands an intuitive, smart, easy-to-use tool. As a focused, specialty tool, it can do the job 10x better than any all-in-one ERP or a general-purpose tool like spreadsheets.
Mosaic is deeply integrated to supercharge your existing financial or ERP software, pulling in your people, projects, schedules, fees, and all rate data needed to manage your project budgets. Mosaic connects all management levels and enables organization-wide collaborative management, which is key to its efficiency.
Mosaic provides complete visibility into your people and projects. It provides an index of your employees while managing high-level workflow and visually presenting what projects and initiatives people are working on. With powerful templating, automation, and AI, Mosaic is built for speed. It is the fastest and easiest way to plan projects and manage resources.
You get the best of both worlds. Mosaic streamlines every part of the resource management process to dramatically increase utilization, and your ERP can focus on what it’s good. Don’t go through the pain of replacing your EPR —get what you’re missing by supercharging it with Mosaic.